Saturday, March 8, 2008

109/365 trees at night


109/365 trees at night, originally uploaded by katie cowden.

another saturday night and i ain't got no plans...
when my friend told me she didn't feel like going out tonight, i didn't even really try to make other plans. i checked the clock, grabbed some shoes and headed for the (slightly scary) neighborhood liquor store. passing over the bridge, silhouetted against the streetlight i ignored the men who live in the ditch. there's some sort of instinct in them, when they see a woman their eyes send a message to their brains and the chorus of wolf whistles and "ay dios mio!" starts up. it bothers me that the only time i can consider myself attractive i am also afraid, afraid that i've left my pepper spray at home, that no one knows where i am, that it might be awhile before anyone knows i am gone. i'm afraid but i buy my bottle and head for home, passing green lit trees along the way. some opportunities you can't pass by.
so tonight it's just me and the bottle of jack daniels and photoshop, catching up on editing.

No comments: